- For serving
- Guacamole, mixed with sliced green chilli, chopped coriander and a squeeze of lemon
- For the frikkadels, mix:
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 red onion, grated
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the spicy paprika-tomato sauce
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 T smoked paprika
- 1/2 x 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 T tomato puree
- 2 T Worcester sauce
- 2 dried chillies, whole
Mould the beef mixture into bite-sized balls.
To make the spicy paprika-tomato sauce:
Place a pan over a medium to high heat and add the olive oil. When hot, fry the tomato, red onion and garlic for 5 minutes, or until softened and fragrant. Add the remaining sauce ingredients to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes before adding the frikkadels.
Simmer for a further 15 to 20 minutes. Serve the spicy meatballs straight from the pan, alongside bowls of guacamole.
Cook’s note: Serve with a pile of tortilla wraps to mop up the juices.
Per serving: 1120.3 kJ, 2.5 g protein, 16.3 g fat, 8.7 g carbs