- For the cheesecake:
- 2 x 250 g tubs full-cream cream cheese
- 2 x 385 g cans condensed milk
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 4 lemons, juiced
- 3 T vanilla paste
- 2 cups Woolworths whipping cream
- For the base:
- 100 g dark chocolate, melted
- 100 g ginger biscuits, crushed
- 50 g Woolworths malted Chuckles
- Caramel Treat, whipped, to decorate
- Woolworths edible cake decorations, to decorate
1. Line 2 x 20 cm springform cake tins with baking paper. To make the cheesecake, whisk together the cream cheese, condensed milk, peanut butter, lemon juice and vanilla paste in a stand mixer with the whisk attachment until the mixture is smooth. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the cream until medium peaks form then fold into the cream-cheese mixture. Divide between the cake tins and place in the freezer.
3. To make the base, combine the chocolate, biscuits and Chuckles and cool for 5 minutes if the chocolate is very hot. Pour over the top of one of the cheesecakes, then smooth the top, making sure it’s level. Freeze until set. Freezer temperatures vary, but to be safe, allow to freeze overnight.
4. To assemble, remove the cheesecakes from their tins, place the one on top of the other so that the base is in the middle. Decorate the top with Caramel Treat and cake decorations. Allow to stand for 20 minutes before serving.
Photograph: Myburgh Du Plessis
Food Assistants: Bianca Strydom, Jarryd Thesen, Mogau Seshoene