I sometimes add a frozen banana to this, but the freshness of the strawberries with the tangy buttermilk and cooling coconut is great as it is, too.
- 400 g strawberries, hulled and halved
- ½ cup coconut milk, frozen into cubes
- ½ cup buttermilk
1. Place 250 g strawberries and the remaining ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Purée 100 g of the remaining strawberries with a dash of water until thick and smooth.
3. Spoon into glasses and top with the frozen strawberry lassi. Chop up the remaining strawberries to garnish.
Photograph: Sadiqah Assur-Ismail
Production: Hannah Lewry and Claire-Ellen van Rooyen
Food assistant: Claire-Ellen van Rooyen