- 700 g broccoli florets, boiled for 4 minutes in lightly salted water
- 80 g fresh basil
- 1 t garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- 100 g raw macadamias or peanuts
- 500 g farfalloni pasta (the ones that look like little bows)
- 200 g hard cheese, shaved (Parmigiano Reggiano or Grana Padano if you’re feeling flush)
- Salt, to taste
Blend the broccoli, basil, garlic, olive oil and nuts using a handheld blender and set aside.
Cook the pasta until al dente. Drain, rinse with cold water, drizzle with olive oil and cool.
Once the pasta has cooled, mix in the broccoli-and-basil pesto and add the cheese.
Cooks note: This is a nice nutty, green pasta salad that could also be jazzed up with some crunchy broccoli florets and torn basil.