- 1 x 400 ml can coconut milk
- 1 cup milk
- 1 t fresh turmeric, finely grated
- 1 T rose-water (optional)
- 1⁄2 t nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 T maple syrup
- Black pepper, to taste
- Dried rose petals, to garnish (optional)
Place all the ingredients into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Pour into mug, crack over some black pepper and garnish with dried rose petals, if using. Serve warm.
Cook's note: Turmeric adds slight bitterness to the warm coconut milk, which is balanced by the spice of the black pepper. Sweetness comes from the maple syrup, while rose rounds it all off with a subtle oral note. It’s practically dessert!