- 3 brown onions, sliced into thick rounds
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 30 g brown sugar
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 red chillies
- 3/4 cup chopped coriander
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 t red wine vinegar
- 1 bratwurst
- 1 pretzel-style hot dog roll
- Wholegrain mustard, for serving
- Fresh rocket, for serving
Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
To make the chunky caramelised onions. Arrange the onions on a baking tray and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Sprinkle over the sugar and lightly drizzle with olive oil before roasting for 20 minutes or until softened and sweet.
To make the salsa: finely chop 1 or 2 red chillies, depending on how hot you like it and mix in a bowl with the coriander, red onion, a drizzle of olive oil andthe red wine vinegar.
Chargrill the sausages. Generously stuff a salted pretzel-style hot dog roll with the chunky onions, grilled bratwurst sausage and spoon over the chilli salsa.
Serve hot with whole grain mustard and fresh rocket leaves.