- For the topping:
- 2 large fennel bulbs, trimmed and thinly sliced
- olive oil to drizzle
- 100 g chorizo, thinly sliced
- 1 pillow-pack mixed spinach rocket and watercress
- For the dressing, mix together:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- drizzle of honey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Turn the sliced fennel onto an oiled grill pan, laying them down flat. Drizzle with olive oil. Slide under a hot grill until the fennel starts to soften.
Top with the chorizo and return to the grill for a few minutes until warmed through.
Toss the salad leaves with the dressing and spoon the hot topping over them.
Per serving: 1 333.7KJ, 37.8g protein, 22.1g fat, 35g carbs
A warm topping turns an everyday green salad into a real meal.