- For the aïoli:
- 1 large free-range egg
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 t Dijon mustard
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- For the greens:
- 2 t extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g raw almonds
- 1 t Woolworths hickory liquid smoke
- Maldon smoked salt, to taste
- 100 g Woolworths diced pancetta
- 150 g green beans, blanched
- 60 g sugar snap peas, blanched
- 60 g broad beans or edamame beans, blanched
- 1 x 35 g punnet Woolworths microleaf salad or sprouts , rinsed
- Himalayan salt and freshly ground green peppercorns, to taste
To make the aïoli, place the egg, garlic and mustard in a bowl and whisk using a balloon whisk. While whisking, slowly pour in the oil, a little at a time, until the mixture becomes pale and thick. Add the lemon juice and season to taste.
Heat the olive oil in a small pan, add the almonds and toss until toasted. Add the liquid smoke and salt to taste.
Fry the pancetta until crispy.
Combine the greens and lightly toss the pancetta and smoked almonds into the salad.
Season to taste and serve with the aïoli.