- 8 thigh fillets, about 350g
- 1/4 cup verjuice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Sea salt and milled black pepper
- About 250g dried apricots
- Fresh bay leaves or rocket for garnishing
- Soaked bamboo skewers for threading
Cut each fillet into 4 pieces. Mix the verjuice with the olive oil and some seasoning, and add the chicken and apricots.
Leave to marinate for about 20 minutes.
Wrap the chicken in bits of pancetta and thread onto skewers.
Slide under a preheated grill (or over coals outside) until just cooked and starting to catch.
Serve on fresh bay leaves, if you have them. If not, use rocket.
They’re good as a substantial snack, along with a glass of draft beer.