- 3 T water
- 3 T white wine vinegar
- 2 T sugar
- 150 g baby radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 x 5 cm fresh ginger piece, sliced
- 1 T fish sauce
- 100 g butter, melted
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 400 g prawns, cleaned and butterflied
- 1 cucumber, shaved into ribbons
- 2 T pickled ginger
Place the water, vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan over a medium heat and simmer until the sugar has dissolved.
Pour the hot liquid over the sliced radishes and add the fresh ginger and fish sauce. Allow to stand for 30 minutes.
Mix the butter, lime juice and zest and season.
Brush the prawns with the lime butter, reserving a little for serving, and grill on a hot griddle pan until cooked through.
Drain the radishes and mix with the cucumber and pickled ginger. 6 Drizzle the prawns with the lime butter and serve with the radish and cucumber salad.