- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 g chicken mince
- 70 g Woolworths spicy harissa red pepper paste
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 Woolworths multiseed wraps, toasted
- Woolworths preserved lemons, for serving
- For the guacamole:
- 2 avocados
- 15 g coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
1. Sauté the red onion and garlic in the olive oil until soft and fragrant.
2. Add the chicken mince and cook for 10 minutes until golden brown, then stir in the harissa and cook for a further minute. Season to taste.
3. To make the guacamole, place the avocado, coriander and lime juice in a mortar and pestle and smash together until combined yet still chunky. Season to taste.
4. Serve the cooked mince in the wraps topped with guacamole.
Cook's note: Make double the quantity of mince and freeze it so that you have wrap and jaffle fillings handy for quick Friday and Saturday meals.
Photographs: Jan Ras
Food assistants: Bianca Strydom and Keletso Motau