- 10 -12 Woolworths chocolate-coated marshmallow eggs, plus extra to garnish
- 50 g butter, plus extra for greasing and spreading
- 2 litres Woolworths Tin Roof ice cream
- 4 free-range eggs
- 100 g dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 x packets Woolworths caramel and pecan hot cross buns
- 1/2 jar Nutella (or more to taste)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the marshmallow eggs in the freezer so they are easier to cut later.
2. Liberally grease a 23 x 30 cm rectangular baking dish with butter. Melt 1 litre ice cream in the microwave.
3. Whisk together the melted ice cream, eggs, sugar and water until well combined.
4. Halve the hot cross buns but don’t cut all the way through. Spread the hot cross buns with butter and Nutella. Arrange the bottom halves in the baking dish, then pour over the ice-cream mixture ensuring they’re covered, then add the tops of the hot cross buns, pressing them in.
5. Dot with 50 g butter, cover with tin foil and bake for 45 minutes, or until set. Remove the tin foil for the last 10 minutes of baking time. Cut the marshmallow eggs in half lengthways and arrange on the top of the pudding and bake for 10 more minutes or until soft and melted.
6. Serve with the remaining ice cream. If you like, heat the sachets of caramel that come with the hot cross buns and drizzle over the pudding, adding a few chopped nuts if you like.