- 130 g butter
- 300 g baby leeks
- 2 x 100 g packs Woolworths sliced smoked pancetta
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- 6 large free-range eggs
- 2 t Dijon mustard
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 125 g Woolworths phyllo pastry
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 T harissa
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Melt 50 g butter in a pan and fry the leeks and pancetta until crispy. Remove a few slices of pancetta and some leeks and reserve for serving.
2. Whisk together the cream, 2 eggs, mustard and seasoning. Melt the remaining butter and use to brush the phyllo pastry. Line an ovenproof skillet with the pastry, tucking in the edges to form a crust.
3. Add the leeks and pancetta and pour over the egg-and-cream mixture. Bake for 35–40 minutes, or until the egg has set. Place under the grill for 1–2 minutes until golden brown.
4. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly while you fry the remaining eggs in the hot olive oil. Add the harissa to the pan just before they are cooked. Serve with generous slices of the tart and the remaining leeks and pancetta.