- 1 lemongrass stalk, roughly chopped
- 1 x 10 cm ginger piece, peeled and roughly chopped
- 200 g jasmine rice
- Salt, to taste
- 2 cups good-quality chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 600 g Woolworths lightly smoked rainbow trout fillets
- ¼ cup soya sauce
- 2 spring onions
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- Basil leaves, to garnish
- 2 limes
To make the rice, pound the lemongrass and ginger into a coarse paste using a pestle and mortar. Transfer to a saucepan and add the rice, salt, chicken stock and water. Cook according to package instructions.
Place the trout, skin side down, in a pan over a high heat and cook until the skin is golden and crisp.
Serve with the rice and drizzle over the soya sauce. Place the sliced spring onion in iced water for a few minutes until it curls. Garnish with the spring onion, chilli, basil leaves and squeeze over the limes.
Cook’s note: Cooking the rice in stock adds an extra punch of flavour.