- 800 g assorted sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
- Fresh sage, a handful
- 3 T olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 500 g ready-made puff pastry
- 150 g smoked provolone (or Boerenkaas), grated
- Maple syrup, for drizziling
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Slice assorted sweet potatoes very thinly, then toss with a handful of fresh sage, olive oil and season to taste.
Lay on a baking tray and bake for 15–20 minutes. Score a 2 cm border around a sheet of puff pastry, generously grate over 1smoked provolone or Boerenkaas and arrange the sliced potatoes on top.
Scatter with fresh sage and drizzle with maple syrup. Bake for a further 30–35 minutes, or until golden and puffed up. Drizzle with a little more maple syrup to serve if you like.
Cook's note: This tart is delicious with tomato or pea soup. Swap the sweet potato for thinly sliced butternut or pumpkin if you like.