- For the crust:
- 400 g Woolworths oat crunchies, crushed
- 4 T butter, melted
- For the filling:
- 300 g white sugar
- 200 g brown sugar
- 2 T milk powder
- 1½ T Woolworths miso paste
- 240 g butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup Woolworths whipping cream
- 4 free-range egg yolks
- 1 T vanilla paste
- icing sugar, for serving
- Woolworths Ayrshire double-thick cream or yoghurt, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C and grease a 25 cm pie dish. To make the crust, combine the crunchies and butter, then press firmly into the pie dish making sure you cover the bottom and about 3–4 cm up the sides. Chill while you prepare the filling.
2. To make the filling, whisk together the sugar and milk powder, then add the miso and butter and whisk until combined. Add the cream, eggs and vanilla paste and whisk until well combined, making sure the eggs are fully incorporated.
3. Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for 30 minutes, or until the top starts browning. Reduce the temperature to 160°C and bake for a further 15 minutes. The pie is ready when the sides are set but the middle is still slightly wobbly.
4. Chill for 3 hours before serving. Dust with icing sugar and serve with cream or yoghurt.
Photographs: Myburgh Du Plessis
Food assistant: Irinja Bekker