- 6 baby leeks, washed and cut into thirds
- 2 cups Woolworths organic chicken stock
- 2 bulbs fennel, sliced
- 3 oranges or ClemenGolds, peeled and cubed
- 2 x 240 g tubs Woolworths buffalo mozzarella, torn
- 50 g pine nuts, toasted
- 15 g mint, roughly chopped
- For the dressing, whisk:
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- 4 T extra virgin olive oil
- 4 T sherry vinegar
- 1 t green peppercorns, slightly crushed
- sea salt, to taste
Poach the baby leeks in the chicken stock for 10 minutes, then drain and allow to cool.
Arrange the salad on a platter, starting with the fennel, oranges and leeks as the base, then adding the mozzarella and pine nuts.
Drizzle over the dressing and garnish with mint.
Cook’s note: This is a quick one to make on the morning before guests arrive. The combo of crunchy and creamy textures and bold flavours will get taste buds ready for the feast to come Reserve the stock from the leeks and store in the fridge to use again.