- 1 red pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 yellow pepper, halved and seeded
- ½ cup olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 brown mushrooms
- 2 brinjals, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 4 Portuguese rolls, halved
- 100 g Winelands Brie, sliced
- 1 x 200 g tub hummus
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Add the halved peppers to a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil and a scattering of sea salt. Roast for 20 minutes, or until cooked and slightly blackened.
Drizzle olive oil over the mushrooms, season to taste and place on a hot grid over smouldering coals.
Rub the brinjal slices with olive oil and place on the grid for 30 seconds a side, or until charred.
Place the Portuguese rolls, cut-side down, on the grid and toast. Just before serving, place the Brie slices into the hot oven for 30 seconds, or until melted.
Stack all of the vegetables onto the roll bases and top with a dollop of hummus and the melted cheese. Serve hot.
Cook’s note: Serve with refreshing low-alcohol beer or try our wine suggestion.