- 1 small loaf sourdough bread
- 250 g back bacon, grilled
- Rocket, for serving
- To make the tomato salsa, mix together:
- 2-3 firm, ripe red tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4-5 spring onions, chopped
- 1 T chopped coriander
- 1 or 2 fresh chillies, seeded and chopped
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T wine vinegar
- Salt, to taste
Slice the whole bread through horizontally. Sandwich with the hot bacon and rocket. Slice across for serving. Serve with tomato salsa.
A good bread and crisp rashers of the best bacon makes a meal of a sandwich. Serve it with a freshly made, hand-cut salsa and you’re onto something special.