- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 fresh chilli, chopped
- 3 T crunchy peanut butter
- 30 g roast peanuts, chopped
- 1-2 t soya sauce
- 500 g Woolworths Ready-to-Wok egg noodles, prepared according to package instructions
- 6 rainbow carrots, peeled and sliced julienne
- 2 baby marrows, sliced julienne
- Lemon or lime juice a squeeze
- 2 T fresh mint
- 4 T fresh coriander
Place half the coconut cream in a saucepan over a medium to high heat and cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Add the garlic and chilli, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 1 minute.
Add the remaining coconut cream, peanut butter, peanuts and soya sauce and infuse gently for 3 to 4 minutes. Don’t allow it to boil.
Serve the warm sauce, noodles and cool veggies in separate bowls. Let your guests coat the noodles with the sauce just before eating, so the salad is as fresh as possible. Top with the herbs and a squeeze of lemon or lime juice.
Cook’s note: If you like, add a little brown sugar to the sauce and use other noodles such as hokkien or pad Thai for a heartier dish