This noodle bowl is the easiest lunch you’ll prepare all week (perfect for cruise day). The best thing about it is that it’s ready in all of four minutes, with no flavour compromise. Adapt it to use any leftovers you have hanging around.
- 2 T Woolworths gochujang paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 x 75 g packets instant noodles
- 200 g cooked free-range chicken breasts
- 80 g Tenderstem broccoli
- 60 g fresh peas
- 60 g carrots, finely julienned
- 2 t sesame seeds, toasted
1. Combine the gochujang paste and chicken stock. Place the noodles in a microwaveable bowl with the remaining ingredients except the sesame seeds and top with the gochujang mixture.
2. Cover with clingwrap or a lid and microwave on full power for 3 minutes, then for an additional 11/2 minutes depending on how well-cooked you prefer your broccoli. Carefully remove the clingwrap or lid and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Serve hot.
Photographs: Toby Murphy
Food assistant: Emma Nkunzana