- 6 cobs corn
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 crisp lettuce, to serve
- 2 firm ripe avocados, cut into chunks
- 200 g feta, broken into chunks
- For the dressing
- 45 ml fresh lime juice
- 65 ml olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh green chilli, seeded and chopped
- 60-75 ml roughly chopped fresh coriander
- Flaky salt and milled black pepper, to taste
Mix together all the dressing ingredients and allow to stand until ready to serve.
Using a sharp knife, slice the corn kernels off the cobs.
Heat the oil over a high heat in a large, heavy pan and add the corn. Shake or stir every now and again, until the corn is slightly charred.
Mix with about 1/3 of the dressing and spoon over a bowl of roughly sliced lettuce.
Top with avocado and feta and spoon over the rest of the dressing.
If you like, squeeze over more lime juice and drizzle with extra oil at the table.
Slightly charring the corn brings out its flavour. Mixed with the creamy avocado and salty cheese, it makes a meal and doubles as a substantial side to grilled fish steaks or a takeaway barbecue chicken.