- 50 g flour
- Sea salt, to taste
- 9 free-range eggs
- 150 g Panko crumbs
- ½ cup canola oil
- 8 baby marrows, sliced lengthways
- 6 kale leaves, washed and dried
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 T fresh mint finely shredded
- 1 cup thick plain yoghurt
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Chilli flakes, to garnish
Place the flour in a shallow bowl and season with salt. Beat 3 eggs and place in another bowl and the panko crumbs in a third bowl.
Heat the canola oil in a large saucepan. Dust the baby marrow and kale with the flour and gently shake off the excess. Dip into the egg, then into the panko crumbs. Fry until golden and crispy, about 1–2 minutes on each side. Drain on kitchen paper and season to taste.
Poach the remaining eggs to your liking.
Fold the garlic and mint into the yoghurt, season to taste and serve with the poached eggs and crispy crumbed baby marrow and kale. Garnish with chilli flakes.
Cook's note: This is a filling meal for brunch or dinner. The crunchy golden crust on the vegetables soaks up the egg yolks perfectly and is even more delicious topped with crumbled salty cheese.