- Unsalted butter and olive oil, for frying
- 1 T sweet Hungarian paprika
- 250 g portabellini mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/3–½ cup crème fraîche
- 2-3 T dill, chopped
- Paprika, for dusting
- 400 g veal fillet, sliced into strips
- For serving
- Noodles tossed with melted butter and poppy seeds
Wipe the meat to make sure it is dry.
Briefly fry the meat, in batches, in a mix of butter and oil (about 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 of oil). Remove with a slotted spoon, season, and toss with paprika.
Add the mushrooms, and more butter or oil if necessary, and stir-fry quickly. Remove and season. Add the stock, wine and garlic to the pan. Allow to bubble and reduce.
Stir in the crème fraîche, veal and mushrooms, and heat through. Stir in the dill and check seasoning. Dust with paprika.
Serve with hot noodles.
A green salad or some steamed baby spinach is good on the side.