Fresh, green and easy to whip up, this pea salad with Caesar dressing is the ultimate braai side.
- For the dressing
- 1 free-range egg yolk
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1 canola oil, cup
- 1 T Woolworths anchovy paste or whole anchovies
- 1 T lemon juice
- 30 g Parmesan finely grated
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 125 g sugar snap peas, blanched
- 125 g mangetout, blanched
- 100 g Woolworths fresh hand-shelled peas, blanched
1. To make the dressing, whisk the egg yolk and Dijon mustard. Slowly incorporate the oil in a thin stream until you have a thick mayonnaise. Add the anchovy paste, lemon and Parmesan. Season and set aside.
2. Place the peas on a platter and top with big dollops of the Caesar dressing.
Photograph: Jan Ras
Production: Abigail Donnelly
Food Assistants: Bianca Strydom and Ellah Maepa