- 2/3 cup light olive oil
- 190 g muscavado sugar
- 2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 95 g nutty-wheat flour
- 95 g oat flour
- 2 t bicarbonate of soda
- 1 t grated nutmeg
- 100 g dried pears and apricots, diced
- For the apricot-and-honey glaze, combine
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds removed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 100 g dried pears and apricots, thinly sliced
- ½ t grated nutmeg
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Grease a medium-sized loaf tin.
Whisk the oil and Muscovado sugar together until thoroughly combined. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, and mix until combined.
Add the nutty wheat and oat flours, bicarbonate of soda and nutmeg. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
Finally, fold through the dried pear and apricot and
pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin before unmoulding.
Serve drizzled with the apricot and-honey glaze.