- 1 x 10 g instant dry yeast sachet
- 1 t sugar
- 4 T extra virgin olive oil
- 360 g flour
- 1⁄4 t fine sea salt
- 250 g pork sausage, sliced
- 1 x 125 g tub Woolworths basil pesto
- 120 g Woolworths buffalo mozzarella ball, torn
- 1 x 400 g can diced tomatoes
- 1 x 70 g packet Woolworths Parma ham
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Mix the yeast, sugar and 2 T olive oil with 1 cup water. Allow to stand for 5 minutes or until foamy.
Place the flour, salt, yeast mixture and 3⁄4 cup water into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook.
Mix at a low speed until the mixture forms a ball, then increase the speed to medium. Mix for 8 minutes, or until the dough becomes elastic.
Cover the dough and allow to stand in a warm spot for an hour until it has doubled in size. Brown the sausage in a nonstick pan, but do not cook through.
Knock down the dough, roll into small circles and place on a baking tray. Blind bake for 10 minutes.
Arrange the sausage, pesto, mozzarella, tomatoes and Parma ham on the pizza bases as desired and bake for 15 minutes, or until bubbling and and golden brown.
Cook's note: Bakeries in Italy often stock these bite-sized pizzas as takeaway snacks.