- 300 g fresh lightly smoked trout
- 1 cup good-quality fish stock
- 2 free-range egg yolks
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1–2 T dill, finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Steamed sliced potatoes, for serving
Place the trout in a saucepan just large enough to take it. Pour over 1 cup fish stock. Bring to a simmer and cover tightly. Turn off the heat and allow to stand for a few minutes, or until barely cooked. Keep warm while preparing the sauce.
Whisk the egg yolks with the lemon juice and 3 T of the poaching liquid in a saucepan over a gentle heat until slightly thickened and warmed through. Stir in the dill.
Remove the skin from the fish and serve with the sauce and steamed sliced potatoes.
Cook's note: Refrigerate the fish stock for later use.