This viral TikTok chocolate bar is a fun activity to attempt with kids. Fill the spaces with Fantastical Eggs, Smarties or even hazelnuts.
- A handful Fantastical eggs
- Dark chocolate, melted
View this post on Instagram
1. Wash your Pop It toy thoroughly with warm soapy water, and dry. Moisture is the enemy of chocolate-making, so it must be completely dry. Use a hairdryer to ensure it’s thoroughly dry if you are in a rush.
2. Arrange your Fantastical Eggs in the hollows. Try not to eat too many in the process.
3. Melt the chocolate over a double boiler. The quantity you need will depend on the size of your toy.
4. To reduce mess and reach all the small gaps, place the melted chocolate into a piping bag, and pipe chocolate over the entire surface. You can also pour the melted chocolate over.
5. Tap the toy gently on the countertop to remove air bubbles.
6.Place into the fridge until set.
Cook’s note: Pop It toys are widely available in a variety of shapes at toy stores in South Africa, and are even sometimes sold at traffic lights.
Videography: Sadiqah Assur-Ismail, Romy Wilson
Production: Bianca Strydom