- 70 g potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 bulb fennel thinly sliced
- 3 cups organic-vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 300 g filleted salmon trout, lightly seasoned
- ½ cup cream
- a good pinch of saffron
- green beans or broccoli florets, steamed, for serving
Preheat the oven to 220ºC.
Simmer the potato and fennel in the stock with a bay leaf and a little seasoning, until just tender.
Drain and turn into a buttered baking pan, just large enough to contain it. Top with the seasoned fish.
Gently heat the cream with the saffron then pour over the fish. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the fish is just cooked.
Serve with steamed green beans or broccoli florets.
Cook’s tip: If you prefer, use a mild sweet onion instead of the fennel.
Per serving: 2442.2kJ, 27.4g protein, 26.4g fat, 51.6g carbs