- 1 kg Woolworths Easy to Cook lamb shanks
- 8 tomatoes, halved
- 4 T olive oil
- 1 x 100 g jar capers
- 1 -2 T caster sugar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 x 500 g packet Woolworths frozen röstis
- 100 g Woolworths chevin
- basil, for serving
- 1 x 150 g tub Woolworths tzatziki, for serving
- Woolworths mini cucumbers, sliced, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cook the lamb shanks according to package instructions.
2. Arrange the tomatoes on a baking tray and drizzle with 2 T olive oil, half the caper brine and the capers. Sprinkle over the caster sugar and season.
3. Roast for 20–25 minutes. Bake the röstis on a greased baking tray until golden.
4. Remove the lamb shanks from the pan juices, pull apart and fry the meat in a hot pan in the remaining olive oil in batches until sticky.
5. Serve with the roast tomatoes, chevin, remaining capers, tzatziki, cucumbers and röstis.
Cook's note: Roasting the tomatoes with the caper brine really intensifies their flavour.” Roasting the tomatoes with the caper brine really intensifies their flavour.