- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 4 sticks celery, cut into 4cm pieces
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 6 sage leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 3cm piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 t butter
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 free-range chicken
- 200 g carrots, peeled and halved
- 1/2 butternut
- 4 cups water
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
In a pressure cooker, sauté the onion, shallots and celery with the herbs, garlic and ginger in the butter and oil.
Add the chicken and brown lightly. Add the carrots, butternut, water and seasoning.
Cook at high pressure for 35 minutes.