- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 punnet Woolworths roasted sweet potato & chickpea bites
- olive oil, for roasting
- ¼ cup red onion, sliced
- 1 sachet Thai green curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- pomegranate rubies, for serving
- coriander pesto, for serving
- poppadums or toasted naan bread, for serving
1. Break a head of cauliflower into florets or cut into thick slices, drizzle with olive oil, season and roast at 180°C until golden and tender.
2. Fry roasted sweet potato & chickpea bites from Woolworths in olive oil until golden brown.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan and add ¼ cup of sliced red onion, fry until they soften, then add a sachet of Thai green curry paste.
4. Add a can of coconut milk and stir through until the sauce is bright green and fragrant.
5. Ladle the curry sauce into bowls and add to each bowl roasted cauliflower, the chickpea bites, pomegranate rubies, and dollops of coriander pesto.
6. Serve with poppadums or toasted naan bread.
Cook's note: To make your own vegan curry paste, heat a small pan over a medium heat.
Add the 1 T coriander seeds, 1 T cumin seeds, ¼ t white pepper and 1 t turmeric and toast for 2 minutes. Transfer to a food processor, add 2 green chillies, 4 cloves garlic, 1 stalk lemongrass, 10 g Woolworths Blue Elephant dried galangal, 2 T ginger, 4 Woolworths Blue Elephant Thai lime leaves, 1 red onion, 1½ cups coriander and the juice of 2 limes. Blend until smooth.
Cook's note: Making a tasty vegan meal does not have to take forever – this delicious curry makes use of a spice paste and some plant-based deliciousness from Woolies, and it could be in your belly in under 30 minutes.
Woolworths’ plant-based range includes exciting vegetarian and vegan options that are quick and easy to prepare. Read more about Woolies plant-based meals here.
Shop plant-based foods at Woolworths