- 70 g butter
- 100 g Gruyère cheese, riccota
- ½ cup sage leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 t dried chilli
- Half a free-range chicken
- 1 T olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- Potatoes, roasted,for serving
- Green beans, blanched, for serving
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Combine 50 g of the butter with the ricotta, 6 sage leaves, 1⁄3 of the crushed garlic, the chilli and lemon zest.
Carefully loosen the skin of the chicken and gently stuff the mixture underneath it until evenly distributed. Drizzle with olive oil, season to taste and roast for 25 minutes, or until the juices run clear.
Top the mushrooms with the remaining butter, sage leaves and garlic and season to taste. Roast for the last 7 minutes of the chicken’s cooking time.
Serve the crisp chicken and mushrooms with roast potatoes and green beans.