- 6 sweet potatoes, unpeeled and quartered
- 3 leeks, thinly sliced
- 4 T olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 x 400 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 T Woolworths harissa spice
- 1 lime or lemon 1, juiced
- 1–2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 200 g baby spinach, for serving
- Woolworths labneh, for serving
- For the hummus dressing:
- 100 g Woolworths hummus
- 1 T olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- salt, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Toss the sweet potatoes and leeks in 2 T olive oil and season, arrange on a baking tray and roast for 30–40 minutes, or until crispy.
2. Toss the chickpeas in the remaining olive oil and harissa spice and arrange on another baking tray. Roast with the potatoes until golden and crunchy, 20–30 minutes.
3. To make the hummus dressing, combine the hummus, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and a dash of water to loosen to drizzling consistency.
4. Massage the lemon or lime juice and salt into the onion for 15 seconds and set aside.
5. Serve the sweet potatoes and leeks with the baby spinach, hummus dressing, chickpeas and pickled onion and dollop over the labneh.
Photograph: Sadiqah Assur-Ismail
Food assistants: Emma Nkunzana and Claire Gooderson