- 350 g polenta
- For the vegetables:
- 1 medium-sized brinjal, cut into chunks
- 2 large or 4 medium-sized salad peppers, cut into chunks
- 6 baby marrows, cut into chunks
- 500 g ready-diced pumpkin or butternut squash
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic, whole and unpeeled
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- 250 g ricotta cheese, crumbled
- 1 mozzarella ball in brine, drained and torn
- a handful of basil leaves, roughly shredded
- Parmesan cheese, grated, for sprinkling
Preheat the oven to 230ºC.
Arrange the vegetables and garlic on a large tray lined with baking paper. Season lightly and moisten with olive oil. Roast one shelf above the middle for about 30 minutes, until tender and starting to char.
Meanwhile, cook the polenta according to the packet instructions.
To assemble, spread half the polenta in an oiled baking dish. Cover with the roasted vegetables and a squirt of the soft, sweet garlic. Add the ricotta, mozzarella and basil. Cover with the rest of the polenta. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan and drizzle with olive oil. Bake at 220ºC, one shelf above the middle, for about 30 minutes or until pale golden.
Variation: For a little more substance, add some cooked yellowtail along with the vegetables.
Per serving: 1192.7kJ, 10.7g protein, 9.7g fat, 39.3g carbs