This delicious roasted pineapple and coconut vegan ice cream could not be easier to make. It only needs five ingredients, plus you can make it without an ice-cream maker!
- 2 pineapples, peeled and diced
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 t vanilla paste
- 1 lemon, peeled and juiced
- 2 x 400 ml cans coconut cream, chilled overnight
1. Preheat the oven's grill.
2. Toss the diced pineapple with the maple syrup, vanilla paste and lemon, then place on a baking tray and grill for 15 minutes, or until slightly charred. Allow to cool.
3. Combine the chilled coconut cream and lemon juice in a large mixing bowl and whisk until velvety smooth.
4. Blend the cooled pineapple until smooth.
5. Gently fold the pineapple purée into the coconut cream, then pour into a freezer proof container, such as a loaf tin. Top the mixture with a piece of baking paper and freeze overnight.