- 3 Roma tomatoes, halved
- 300 g Woolies exotic tomatoes, halved
- 250 g ricotta cheese, torn
- 50 g pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 2 t Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- For the dressing, mix:
- 3 T olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5 bay leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Gently mix the tomatoes with the dressing until well coated.
Place the tomatoes in an ovenproof dish and top with the ricotta. Bake for 15 minutes.
Garnish with the parsley and pine nuts and season to taste.
Cook's note: Take a shortcut to nutritious meals by making double or triple the quantity of roasted tomato sauce (without the ricotta, pine nuts and parsley) to use in these three ways:
- Heat the tomato sauce with stock to make a quick soup, then sprinkle with chia seeds for texture.
- Layer roast brinjal slices with the sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake.
- Make a quick breakfast by poaching eggs in the tomato sauce.