- 500 ml Greek yoghurt
- 1 cup diced mango (about 3 mangoes)
- 1 t cumin, toasted and ground
- ½ t sumac (or a squeeze of lemon juice)
- 2 cups crushed ice
- ¼ t saffron, finely ground
- 20 g flaked almonds, toasted
Blend the yoghurt, mango, cumin and sumac until smooth.
Divide the crushed ice between four glasses. Top with the mango lassi. Sprinkle with ground saffron and flaked almonds.
Cook’s note: Sumac is a wild berry that grows in the Mediterranean and in parts of the Middle East, most notably Iran. It is an essential ingredient in Arabic cooking and is preferred to lemon for its sourness and astringency. Find it at delis or substitute with a squeeze of lemon juice.