- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T capers, drained
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 85 g raisins
- 50 g pine nuts, toasted
- 2 x 106 g cans Woolworths Sild sardines, drained
- 400 g Woolworths fresh or dried fettucine pasta, cooked al dente
- Woolworths De Rushca extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a high heat and fry the capers until crispy.
Add the tomatoes, raisins and pine nuts and cook for a further 2 minutes. Carefully add the sardines.
Add the pasta and a ladle of the cooking water.
Season to taste and drizzle with olive oil to serve.
Cook's note: Pasta con le sarde – pasta with sardines – is the national dish of Sicily. It’s also a rather inspired midweek meal.