- 300 g Woolworths frozen scallops, thawed
- 3 T sunflower oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 T fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 10 curry leaves
- 50 g Woolworths korma curry paste
- 1 x 200 g Woolworths Italian chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup Woolworths low-fat plain yoghurt
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh coriander, to garnish
- For the apple-and-coconut slaw, mix:
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 fresh green chilli, roughly chopped
- 4 T coriander, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Woolworths double-cream yoghurt
- 6 T fresh coconut, grated
Pat the scallops dry using a clean dishcloth, then toss in 1 T oil. Heat a nonstick pan over a high heat, then cook the scallops for 1 minute on each side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Heat the remaining oil in the pan over a medium heat, then add the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for 2 minutes, then add the curry leaves, paste and tomatoes. Simmer for 15 minutes.
Return the scallops to the pan, then add the yoghurt. Heat through and season with salt. Serve with the apple-and-coconut slaw and garnish with coriander.
Chef's note: “The perfect summer curry. I think the scallops make a refreshing change.”