There’s no need to rest these steaks as you would with thicker cuts. They also make great nibbles if you’re feeding a crowd.
- 1.2 kg Woolworths free-range shisanyama-style chuck steaks
- For the harissa cauliflower salad:
- 2 T Woolworths harissa paste
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 700 g cauliflower florets, blanched or steamed
- celery leaves, a handful, roughly chopped (use leftover celery sticks if you have any)
1. Braai the steaks over medium coals for about 2 minutes per side.
2. To make the harissa cauliflower salad, mix the dressing, then toss with the cauliflower and celery. Serve with the hot steaks.
Photography: Jan Ras
Production: Abigail Donnelly
Food assistant: Bianca Strydom