- 8 ripe firm red tomatoes, halved across
- 2 firm goats’-milk cheeses (Crottin), halved across
- Olive oil, to oil pan
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- About 30g fresh basil leaves
- 400 g freshly cooked tagliatelle
Arrange the tomato halves and cheeses on an oiled grill pan. Smear with garlic, season, and tuck in some of the basil leaves. Slide under a medium-hot grill and cook slowly for 20 minutes, or until the tomatoes are soft and the cheese browned and melty.
Toss the pasta with the tomatoes, cheese and pan juices. Add some torn basil. Check seasoning. Turn into a bowl and serve immediately.
Cook’s tip: For die-hard meat eaters, add shreds of torn, lean, smoked turkey.
Per serving: 1200kJ, 13g protein, 9.66g fat, 33.98g carbs