- 200 g Woolworths baby Rosa tomatoes
- 2 red peppers, halved and seeded
- 4 cloves garlic, halved
- 6 anchovy fillets (optional)
- 3 T olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 320 g halloumi, halved lengthways
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the tomatoes inside the red peppers on a baking tray, then tuck the garlic and anchovies inside the peppers and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 30 minutes. Place them in a mortar and pestle and bash until chunky. Season to taste.
2. Place the halloumi in a heated ovenproof pan. Fry on both sides until crispy, then place into the oven until oozy, about 30–40 minutes Serve with the tomato smoor.
Photographs: Jan Ras
Food assistant: Bianca Strydom