- For the filling:
- 80 g butter
- olive oil, for frying
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 200 g bags Woolworths Swiss chard
- 200 g Danish feta
- 200 g pitted black olives, roughly chopped
- For the pastry:
- 1 x 250 g roll Woolworths phyllo pastry
- 100 g butter, melted
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- white sesame seeds, for sprinkling
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. To make the filling, melt the butter in a pan with a splash of olive oil. Sauté the onions, then the garlic until transparent and soft.
2. Heat a little more olive oil in a clean pan and sauté the Swiss chard in batches until wilted. Remove from the heat and mix with the onion-and-garlic mixture, then crumble in the feta and add the olives.
3. Lay 3 sheets phyllo pastry in a 20 x 30 cm baking dish, brushing each layer with the melted butter. Spoon a third of the filling on top of the pastry and repeat the process three times. Finish with three layers of phyllo pastry, brush with the remaining butter and score diamond shaped patterns on the top.
4. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake until golden brown and crispy, 25–35 minutes. Serve with a no-wilt Greek salad (without lettuce) and braaied lemony lamb chops.