- 2 x 80 g Woolworths tuna with sundried tomatoes and herbs sachets
- 1 T Woolworths light tangy mayonnaise
- sriracha sauce, to taste
- lemon juice, to taste
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Woolworths Carb Clever seed crackers, for serving
- iceberg lettuce 1 head, broken into cups or wedges, for serving
- 1 Woolworths snacking peppers punnet
- Woolworths exotic tomatoes, for serving
- lemon wedges, for serving
1. Combine the tuna with the mayonnaise and a squeeze of sriracha, add a little lemon and season to taste.
2. Serve with the crackers or spooned into lettuce cups with the peppers, tomatoes and lemon.
Cook's note: I think I ate too much tuna in my student days, so I went off it. But Woolworths’ flavoured tuna has rekindled my love affair. I like to eat it spiked with a little heat, in this case sriracha sauce, but Tabasco sauce is also great. Lemon brightens it up and serving it on a platter makes it more of an occasion. If you only have canned tuna handy, then simply add a spoonful of tomato sauce to the mix.
Photograph: Sadiqah Assur- Ismail
Food assistant: Claire- Ellen van Rooyen