- 170 g quinoa
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1x400 g chickpeas can, rinsed and drained
- 200 g spinach or Swiss chard, shredded
- 100 g feta, crumbled
- 2-3 T toasted sunflower seeds, for sprinkling
- 1-2 T olive oil, for drizzling
Rinse the quinoa in a sieve until the water runs clear. Drain well. Bring the stock to the boil in a saucepan. Add ½ t salt, the quinoa and chickpeas. Bring back to the boil and add the spinach.
Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the quinoa is tender and translucent. Drain and return to the pan. Add the crumbled feta. Cover and allow to stand for 10 minutes. Fluff up with a fork and season to taste.
Sprinkle with the sunflower seeds and drizzle with the olive oil.