- 750-800 g mixed marrows, sliced in half a few sprigs of thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 baking or sweet potatoes, baked, to serve
- Roasted canola oil, for drizzling (optional)
- Chives, for garnishing (optional)
- For the topping, mix together
- 1 x 200 g tub fat free chunky plain cottage cheese
- ½ cup fat free plain yoghurt
- 3-4 T chopped fresh herbs (chives, parsley and coriander)
- 2-3 T roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Place the marrows in a steamer over simmering water. Add some thyme and seasoning. Cover and steam for about 15 minutes, until just tender. Turn into a bowl and mix.
Serve with the topping and baked potatoes. If you like, garnish with chives and drizzle with canola oil.
Cook’s tip: For a more substantial dinner, serve with baked fresh fish with herbs and lemon.