- 1-2 T sunflower oil
- 400 g organic green seasonal vegetables
- (such as thin asparagus tips, slim green beans,
- Tenderstem broccoli, marrows, mangetout
- and sugar snap peas), trimmed and whole
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 handfuls organic salad leaves, for serving
- For the dressing, mix together
- 2 T organic orange juice
- 1 crushed clove organic garlic
- 1 x 10 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 t soy sauce
- 4 T sunflower oil
Heat a wide pan then add a spoonful of oil. When hot, add the vegetables and stirfry for a few minutes, until tender-crisp.
Remove from the heat and pour over ¾ of the dressing. Mix together well then check seasoning.
Place a handful of salad leaves on each plate then spoon over the vegetables. Drizzle with the remaining dressing. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Per serving: 1043.8kJ, 3.5g protein, 22.9g fat, 8.7g carbs
The clean citrusy dressing works well with the lightly cooked vegetables and there’s only a hint of soy, so as not to overpower the fresh flavours.