- 100 g spring onions
- 2 baby cabbages
- 3 sunflower oil
- 200 g Woolworths Asian udon noodles, cooked
- 1 T Woolworths Asian sesame oil
- 500 g pork mince, at room temperature
- 1 x 5 cm fresh ginger piece, peeled and grated
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- brown sugar a pinch
- 3 T soya sauce
- 2 T mirin or pale dry sherry
- 2 t toasted sesame seeds, for sprinkling
1. Make sure that the pork is at room temperature. Chop the white parts of the spring onions and thinly slice the greens. Finely shred the cabbages.
2. Heat 1 T sunflower oil in a large pan. Add the cabbage and stir-fry until just wilted. Remove and mix with the cooked noodles and sesame oil.
3. Heat the remaining oil in the same pan. Add the mince and leave to brown, then stir around to break up into smaller pieces. Keep stirring for 1–2 minutes until just cooked through.
4. Add the spring onions, ginger, chilli and sugar. Stir for a few minutes. Stir in the cabbage and noodles, soya and mirin and mix well. Check the seasoning. Serve sprinkled with the spring onion and sesame seeds.
Cook's note: Do the quick prep work beforehand and supper will be on the table in just 15 minutes.”
Photograph: Toby Murphy
Production: Brita du Plessis
Food assistant: Kate Ferreira